Get published. Be famous (sort of)! Be rewarded for your expertise (in the traditional way of a non-profit organization)! If you would prefer to be anonymous (some organizations have the most pesky legal counsels), we can come up with a cool fake name for you. Humorous is OK, even in the world of ECM.
Become an "8 things" guest blogger for me.
700-1000 words describing 8 things about some subject that you are passionate about (related to the world of documents, records, and process for now). The topic can be broad and strategic or narrow and "how to" oriented - you make the call. Just contact me with your idea via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ultimately, you could be published in one of our e-books. Check out 8 Reasons You Need a Strategy for Managing Information -- Before It's Too Late or our new e-book 8 secrets of an effective content or records implementation.
Here's what's in Book 1 -- 8 Reasons You Need a Strategy for Managing Information -- Before It's Too Late.
- 8 things you need to know about information risk
- 8 things you need to know to build an ECM strategy
- 8 things you need to know about developing an ECM information architecture
- 8 things that changed the history of document management
- 8 things you need to know to manage the explosion of information
- 8 things you need to know about workflow and business process engineering
- 8 things small businesses need to know about document management
- 8 things you need to know about using ECM for regulatory compliance
Here's what's in Book 2 -- 8 Secrets of an Effective Content or Records Management Implementation
- 8 things you need to know about content classification and ECM
- 8 ways to increase user adoption in an ECM project
- 8 things to look for in a document management service provider
- 8 ways to reduce your storage and bandwidth costs for document imaging solutions
- 8 things to consider when looking for ECM consultants
- 8 Steps to Avoid Process and Organizational Problems when Implementing an ECM System
- 8 things to remember when managing ECM applications
- 8 things that always worried you about legacy content, but were afraid to ask
- 8 things you need to know about SharePoint governance
- 8 things SharePoint 2010 needs to be a true ECM system
- 8 more things you need to know about SharePoint
- 8 things to consider when implementing SharePoint with another ECM engine
- 8 ways to use SharePoint for social computing
- 8 things you need to know about automatic classification and metadata tagging in SharePoint
- 8 things to do to make content more findable in SharePoint
- 8 ways SharePoint help in Enterprise Governance, Risk and Compliance
- 8 things to consider when selecting an application to scan or capture into SharePoint
- 8 Ways SharePoint 2010 Moves Toward "ECM for the Masses"
- 8 Things You Should Know About Transactional Processing in SharePoint
- 8 Ways To Benchmark Your Collaboration Strategy
Here's the rest of the list we've published -- Watch for new e-books and updated editions.